The project aims at empowering and supporting the entrepreneurial start-ups technically and financially to strengthen their position and enlarge their work domain in the market they operate in. For the long-term; the project seeks to contribute to the activation and revival of both the business and information sectors in the Gaza Strip, as a part of UNDP’s activities to support the Palestinian national economy through small businesses and entrepreneurship.
Distinctive Services of SEED Project:
- USD 7,000 financial fund as a non-refundable direct grant for each project.
- Comprehensive package for business development through the provision of training and consultancy services.
- Marketing supported companies through activities and various marketing instruments.
- Connecting the start-up entrepreneurial projects with investors and business incubators.
Accomplishments and Progress
- 15 existing start-ups from relevant fields have been approved and selected to start the sustaining and growing phase. In addition to the ICT sector, the 15 grown start-ups covered additional areas including industry (4), engineering (2), tourism (1), service (5) media production (1) and education (2).
- 40 jobs created.
- The 15 start-ups / winners have been incubated physically at the BTI, with access to the incubation facilities, in addition to and providing them with required logistics, tools, and integrated package of business development, and mentorship services.
- A co-working space and incubation facilities, appropriate to host start-ups whenever is needed.
- 15 start-up groups received one-to-one specialized coaching in different areas including marketing, ICT, and finance.
- 360-hour of advanced coaching and mentorship help start-ups realize their plans. The coaching subjects were financial coaching (15 hrs), marketing (45 hrs), business building and coaching (300 hrs).
- More than 150 free-fees and online coaching hours with regional mentors, experts and startup co-founders from the MENA region were held to help the incubated startup founders by promoting their entrepreneurial mindset and opening international channels for them.
||Islamic Development Bank (IsDB)
||Business and Technology Incubator (BTI) - Islamic University of Gaza
|Sustainable Development Goal/s:
||Gender Equality, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Reduced Inequalities
||Jomah Alnajjar, Project Manager
Contact: 059-9-799795, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
||Project Fact Sheet